Saturday, October 3, 2015

LIVIDITY AND GRAVITY




It was difficult to actually pinpoint where and when the first 
signs of the impending storm began to brew.

It may have been something as indiscernible as a bird in the Galapagos,  
in the midst of his well-rehearsed and choreographed  dance to secure a mate, 
as his wings flapped with heartfelt fury. 

Please just please choose me…

 
Or... was it the slightest updraft of a breeze 
that got sucked into a cycle of exponential condensing pressures, 
until there was no other way to dissipate all that had accrued, 
and it all came crashing down?


LIVIDITY AND GRAVITY



What appeared at first as a mesmerizingly cool demeanor drifting in
became caught up in an endless cycle of condensing pressure
dew point was reached, causing a chain reaction
leading me to lash out with vivid, volatile vitriol

Testing the depth of your emotions
with the tentative pitter patter of my toes
not sure if I am able to fully immerse without drowning
I begin to tumble, spinning out of control
trying to fight the gravity of my feelings
 breaking the surface tension on the way in
stirring up long forgotten memories

I am the storm
Bursting forth
as my Livid torrents begin to pour
disturbing the sanctity of your suavity

Just as suddenly as I come
I pass

Only once the blue skies return can the damage be seen
It takes much longer for the stirred up antipathy to settle

The re-emerging sun offers a glimmer of hope
which cause me to reflect
The Pelican, spooked also by the sudden storm
flies ever so gracefully
circling up towards me I implore her to explain to me
how best to rise above any storm we may find ourselves in the midst of

She sees the sadness in my eyes and offers me these words

"I think we all are beacons, energy wise and that when you 
get emotionally overwhelmed ,
it's mostly because you are experiencing you, in your purest form 
and the other person is just mirroring that.
The ability to mirror you is of course no small thing though
That can only a few people do"

I look down into your once again smooth surface
and see myself with no way to hide
she is absolutely correct
we are but reflections in each other

The further apart we may appear to become
the less clearly defined our individual boundaries are
I leap into you
and you return back to me
Eventually we find ourselves rising into levity


(c) Divinia Nightfire 3rd October 2015
(c) picture taken by me


portions of this poem incorporate some inspiring words
from a lady i once knew...she is not a pelican IRL
but a someone who kept me enlightened
 with her uncanny insight inside
my sometimes complicated mind and soul.

Livid is another word to describe the colour steel blue

No comments:

Post a Comment